Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread is a hearty loaf with all the autumn spices and pumpkin in perfect harmony!
Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is bringing us a fantastic Fit Friday! Keep reading to get today’s fit tips! 🙂
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread has all the pumpkin feels in a healthy way for Fall! I have been CRAVING pumpkin everything since end of July. And it’s finally here!!! It’s pumpkin time my friends.
My Facebook and Instagram have been filled with delicious pumpkin recipes every where I look (and I don’t mind one bit..)! Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread is just that good and totally social media, blog, and fall worthy! 😉 It is a MUST TRY along with these other pumpkin fall favorites of mine:
The list can go on and on my friends! Search “pumpkin” in our search bar to find pages and pages of pumpkin-ey goodness!! I just can’t get enough.
We all know we need our core, and not to wear that crop top. We need a strong solid core to make life liveable and doable. Every thing we do requires our core and the more we can learn to activate and use our core the more we can do. As a runner I know that I will have a stronger run if I can keep more core activated, my low back in alignment, and my hips firing correctly.
What does this mean?
It means we need to make sure we have a strong core!
Today we are doing a core workout in HIIT style. Your heart rate will be up while working those core muscles. The key, you MUST use your core to complete this workout. That may mean slowing down or not doing all the rounds, that is just fine. It is way better to do one round perfect than four rounds half-assed.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread is a fun way to kick off Fall!! Bonus– your kids will LOVE it.
Nichole, Madeliene & Ruthie
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh sourdough start or sour cream
- 1 cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Coat 9x5 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter.
- Add sugars and cream 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; mix 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, sourdough start, and pumpkin; mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sea salt, and baking soda; use a whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture all at once to wet ingredients; mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add dark chocolate chunks; gently mix with spatula to combine.
- Do not over mix- a few lumps are okay.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center removes clean.
- If at 45 minutes the top of the loaf looks very browned, set a piece of foil over the top to protect over browning. ( I needed to do this)
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes, turn out and complete cooling.
- Slice and serve.