Two Bean Mushroom Chili will keep you warm and cozy all winter and you’ll never miss the meat- it’s filling and tastes amazing!
There’s just something about a pot of chili simmering away on the stove that speaks my language. . . onions, peppers, beans, and mushrooms just to name a few of the tasty ingredients in this chili. This vegetarian chili will please all of the family with lots of protein in the beans and then the mushrooms have that fabulous bite to their texture. You’ll never miss the meat. 🙂
You’ll love them all!! 🙂
Two Bean Mushroom Chili is sure to keep your family happy around the table this winter!
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!
Much Love and Peace~
- 3 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, medium diced
- 1 shallot, small diced
- 1 garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (16 ounce) great northern or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (16 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat add mushrooms; cook stirring 3-4 minutes.
- Add onions, shallots, and garlic; cook 4 minutes.
- Add red wine to deglaze pan.
- (scrape up bits of brown flavor from the bottom of the pan while cooking off liquid).
- Add peppers, spices, salt, cayenne, vegetable broth, and beans.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1 hour.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!