Skinny Pumpkin Bars on Fox 13 The Place was lots of fun to bake with these two ladies! Our Skinny Pumpkin Bars Recipe is an autumn delight. Grab the recipe below all your all set to bake up some pumpkin deliciousness for your family and friends!
I love to cook over at FOX13 if you’d like to see more of my segments then just click here .
Helpful baking tips for higher elevations
- If you live 3,000 feet above sea level or more it is considered high elevation and may take longer to cook/bake.
- Adjustments are needed for 5000+ feet and above:
- Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
- Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
- Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Check if it is done a little early.
- This takes some trial and error to get it right for you.
Learn more HERE
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 15oz can mashed pumpkin
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars; mix 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time; beating and scraping bowl with each addition.
- Add egg whites; mix 2 minutes.
- Add applesauce and pumpkin; mix until incorporates.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and mix until 80% incorporated.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread into prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf
- Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Pancakes w/ Carmel Cinnamon Syrup
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Biscotti
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Pecan Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich
- Pumpkin Pie Galette
- Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Bars
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
Skinny Pumpkin Bars on Fox13 to inspire your autumn baking!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Dark Chocolate Banana Popsicle Recipe
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chipper Cookie Recipe
- Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe
- Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Frosting Recipe
- Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Peach Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- Homemade Strawberry Pie
- Baked Carrot Cake Donuts with Orange Cream Cheese Glaze Recipe
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcakes
- Patriotic Parfait
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Browned Butter Banana Bread Brownies Recipe