Turkey Mushroom Pasta Bake is sure to please the pickiest eater and a really fun way to use up that leftover turkey!
Gradually add milk and cream while whisking. Bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes, continually stirring, until thickened. Add turkey, salt and pepper; heat through.
Add pasta to turkey mixture and stir to coat. Add 3/4 C mozzarella cheese, stir.
Transfer to a 8×8 baking dish sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Turkey Mushroom Pasta Bake...
- 2 1/2 C whole grain rotini uncooked
- 1 8oz package sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 C lowfat milk
- 1/3 C whipping cream
- 2 C shredded cooked turkey white or dark meat
- 1 C mozzarella divided
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp shredded parmesan
- Cook pasta according package directions.
- In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray heat oil, add garlic, mushrooms; cook until tender.
- Add flour and stir until blended.
- Gradually add milk and cream while whisking.
- Bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes, continually stirring, until thickened.
- Add turkey, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Transfer to a 8x8 baking dish sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve!
While we’re thinking about delicious recipe ideas here are a few more for you to enjoy…
I hope you’re Thanksgiving Holiday was enjoyable and now to back into the swing of things and start getting ready for Christmas! Happy Tuesday!!