Recently, I enjoyed cooking some Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes on FOX 13 with Miss Morgan! Sloppy Joes are heavenly during cooler weather—a comfort food delight!
Today’s Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes are made with ground beef, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, a pinch of sweet and just the right spices. Nothin’ smells better than coming home to our slow cooker sloppy joe’s after a long day!
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes Recipe is a long time family favorite filled with savory deliciousness in every bite! Sloppy Joes are a favorite for many Americans as they made their way into our hearts and homes during the 1960’s. Our recipe comes from this era and we’ve loved it all these years!
Grab the full recipe HERE!
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes on FOX 13 Cooking Segment
Grab a few simple ingredients and join us in making this recipe for Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes! They’re simple to make and sure to bring smiles to your dinner table. Win-win!
Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks
Let’s just have a little talk about our slow cookers here for a minute. . .
As most of you know I’m a graduate of the Culinary School and one of the classes that’s required is Sanitation and Safety. During this class we had an eye-opening chat about slow cookers and how they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
- If not careful they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
- Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven so plug it in and turn it to the high setting to get it nice and hot from the start for cooking. After all there is only one little probe heating the whole slow cooker!
- Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours.
- If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a food borne illness is a likely result.
- If you add meat; be sure it is thawed and NEVER added frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.
- Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first then add them in already hot.
- Spray the ceramic insert with cooking spray to make clean up a snap! It’ll wipe out with no sticking!
Slow Cookers are wonderful things and if we take a couple of quick precautions to keep food safe while using them… they are even better! 🙂
More Ground Beef Recipes
- Irish Beef & Stout Potpie Recipe
- Mediterranean Meat Sauce & Pasta Recipe
- Mediterranean Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Dirty Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Lumberjack Chili
- Taco Casserole Recipe
- Bolognese Sauce with Pasta Recipe
- Artichoke & Parmesan Cheese Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Gram’s Famous Barbecues — Make this with any leftover roast or ground beef!
- And of course, tacos!!! Add ground beef to Black Beans and Rice Street Tacos Recipe
Thanks for being a part of the CWR blog-family!
All the love,