*This is a sponsored conversation written by me for BarillaUS and Walmart. The opinions expressed are all me 🙂
Steak and Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce is SO simple to make plus it’s nutricious and so delicious!
We love Barilla Whole Grain Pasta. . . any shape or size I always go for the whole grain variety because it has a richer and nuttier flavor that I just adore! If you want to get an even better deal click here for a dollar off coupon!
Today’s Steak and Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce is made with Barilla Whole Grain Linguini Pasta and I think you’ll agree that it adds an additional depth to the dish that’s completely mouth-watering!
You’ll be so thrilled when you see just how simple this healthy dinner is to make~ it’s just a quick stop at your local Walmart, pick up a few ingredients, and then 30 minutes of cook time to a healthy and nutricious dinner the whole family will love!
First, we will put a simple wet spice rub on the steak then a quick broil in the oven with our carrots right on the same baking pan!
For the sauce we’ll be combining two Barilla sauces together and add in a bit of sautéed onion and garlic, then we add our sauces, and some fresh basil leaves. Wha-la!! Creamy Tomato Basil sauce is right ready-to-go.
Then all that’s left is to cook the Barilla Whole Grain Linguini Pasta to al dente (firm to the bite) and dinner is served! Oh an did you know that it’s an excellent source of fiber, made with 100% Whole Wheat, 56g of whole grain in each serving!
One more super awesome thing. . . Barilla Gluten Free pasta has recently been named one of Parents Magazine’s “Top 25 Allergy Free Foods”! AND I just think that’s super cool!!
My kids grew up on Barilla Whole Grain Pasta’s. . . it’s one of the only things I could be guaranteed picky eater little boy would eat! He always wanted pasta with butter for every meal and he still loves it but adds some sauce on top now too!
In fact, he gave his approval on my Steak and Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce creation and actually couldn’t eat enough before it was gone! 🙂
Steak and Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce will be a favorite dinner to bring the whole family around the table!
I hope your Wednesday is lovely!
Much Love and Peace~
Steak and Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1 16 oz package Barilla Whole Grain Linguini Pasta
- Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce:
- 1 24 oz jar of Barilla Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz jar Barilla Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Spice Rubbed Steak:
- 1.5 pound beef loin strip steak
- 2 teaspoons italian pizza seasoning spices
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Roasted Carrots:
- 1 16 ounce package petite multi-colors carrots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian pizza seasoning spices
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, add noodles, and cook according to package directions.
- Spice Rubbed Steak:
- Preheat broiler in oven on high.
- Combine spice rub ingredients in a small bowl, rub on both side of steak, place steak on baking sheet.
- Roasted Carrots:
- Toss carrots, olive oil, and spices in a bowl and place on baking sheet along side steak.
- Broil steak on high for 4-5 minutes per side, or until reaches desired temperature.
- Rotate carrots while cooking to evenly roast. (remove when cooked through and browned)
- Remove steak and cover with foil tent for 5 minutes for juices to slow; then thinly slice.
- Meanwhile prepare the Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce:
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray, add oil, and heat over medium high.
- Once pan is hot add onions; cook 2-3 minutes or until browned; stirring constantly.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add both sauces and fresh basil leaves, turn heat to medium low, and allow to warm through.
- Ready to serve: place 2.5 ounces pasta on each plate, top with 3/4 cup sauce, and three slices of steak.
- Add roasted carrots and fresh basil leaves.
- Serve and Enjoy!