Y’all know how much I love pasta and Linguini with Skinny White Sauce is absolutely wonderful!
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 C vegetable broth
- 4 oz neufchâtel cream cheese
- 1/2 C parmesan, shredded
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 zucchini squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 C broccoli florets
- 10 oz whole wheat linguini
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, thinly sliced
- In a pot with a lid, over medium high heat; steam vegetables in 1/4 C water until tender firm.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over medium heat olive oil, add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, increase heat to medium high and bring to boil.
- Whisk in cream cheese, parmesan, and flour; stirring with each addition.
- Remove from heat.
- Add fresh basil, salt, and pepper; stir.
- In a large serving bowl combine noodles and vegetables.
- Toss, add sauce, lightly toss to combine.
- Top with pine nuts and parmesan.
Linguini with Skinny White Sauce is light and savory…
It makes me happy to have a tasty sauce that isn’t heavy but then add in fresh vegetables with basil and pine nuts AND that’s the makings of a very tasty dinner.
Happy Thursday! I hope your week is going really well 🙂