Y’all know how much I love pasta and Linguini with Skinny White Sauce is absolutely wonderful!
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 4 ounces neufchâtel cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 zucchini squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 10 ounces whole wheat linguini
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- In a pot with a lid, over medium high heat; steam vegetables in 1/4 C water until tender firm.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over medium heat olive oil, add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, increase heat to medium high and bring to boil.
- Whisk in cream cheese, parmesan, and flour; stirring with each addition.
- Remove from heat.
- Add fresh basil, salt, and pepper; stir.
- In a large serving bowl combine noodles and vegetables.
- Toss, add sauce, lightly toss to combine.
- Top with pine nuts and parmesan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
Linguini with Skinny White Sauce is light and savory…
It makes me happy to have a tasty sauce that isn’t heavy but then add in fresh vegetables with basil and pine nuts AND that’s the makings of a very tasty dinner.
Happy Thursday! I hope your week is going really well 🙂