Miss Cathy from Three Kids and a Fish is here visiting with us today! I love having her stop by every month, she brings the most delightful recipes to share with us…
Pecan Pie Cookies look like the perfect addition to our holiday weekend! Enjoy!
These pecan pie cookies have the same sweet, nutty, buttery taste as the pie!
The weather has turned crisp, the nights getting colder, fireplaces are making everything a little more toasty, and kitchens are being filled with the sweet aromas of homemade baking.
There’s nothing quite like this time of year and all the wonderful festivities that surround it! Some of our favorite moments are created in the kitchen as flour flies, batters are stirred, and cookies created in all shapes and sizes!
For the holidays, we bake cookies that come only once a year and we have fun creating all of our favorites!
I love the rich, gooey pecan pie for Thanksgiving dessert and this year I am looking to change it up a bit for creating my traditional pie. I am taking the pie ingredients and creating them to be a cookie!
I am so excited to try out my new recipe idea!! I write down my thoughts on how the recipe cookie work, I gather up all of my ingredients, and I get to mixing!
First batch in and they are looking fabulous, if I do say so myself! A test taste confirms that I am right on! Sweet sugar meets earthy pecans that sit sweetly on a shortbread type crust. I seal the deal with my Maple glaze!
I am two cookie sheets in with one to go and so I begin to clean up the cookie mess I have made! I put away the eggs, butter, flour, sugar, baking soda. Oh no, baking soda!! I totally forgot to put it in. I can’t blog a recipe that I haven’t fully experienced! I bring back out all of the ingredients and make another batch of cookie dough.
I take the first batch and just stared down. I should have taken a picture. There on the cookie sheet lie a big glob of cookie dough with pecan mixture running over the cookie sheet! Hmm, go figure the cookies are a super success without one key ingredient. So, it is by no mistake the I bring you these pecan pie cookies with maple glaze that has no baking soda!!
- Cookie Bottom:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pecan Filling:
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecan, finely chopped
- Maple Glaze
- 3/4 confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 ounces cream cheese-softened
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Let's make the cookie bottom:
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars, add in egg and vanilla, blend well.
- Slowly add in the flour and salt until well mixed.
- On a greased cookie sheet place rolled 1-inch cookie balls.
- Using a tart shaper press down to create a well.
- Let's make the pecan filling:
- In a small bowl mix together the butter,sugar,egg, vanilla, and pecans. Fill each cookie with the pecan filling. Be sure not to overfill it will bubble over!
- While these sweet cookies are baking at 350F for 18-22 minutes let's make the maple glaze.
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar,maple syrup, molasses, and cream cheese. Stir until smooth. Take a Tablespoon and drizzle on some maple glaze on cooled cookies!
- If you do not have a tart shaper you can use your thumb to create a well.
Here are a few more mouth-watering recipes from Cathy…
Make to jump over and visit with her at: www.threekidsandafish.com