These easy, buttery Shortbread Cookies are a delight to add to any gathering! They’re a classic European Cookie that goes perfectly with hot chocolate, coffee, or tea.
My Gram loved Shortbread Cookies. She always had a tin of the Dansk Butter Cookies around for all of us to enjoy…. you know them, right?!
What’s not love about them except that they’re even BETTER homemade! Oh my.
These Shortbread Cookies are so simple to make. You’ve just got to try them and you’ll never buy another tin again 🙂
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar and vanilla with spoon.
- Stir in flour.
- (If dough is crumbly, mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened.)
- Roll dough 1/2 inch thick on lightly floured surface.
- Cut into small rounds using cookie cutters.
- Place 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until set and bottoms are light golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
If happen to have a few left after your family and friends enjoy them- just store them in an airtight container or throw them in the freeze and they’ll keep for several weeks.
Enjoy a fresh batch of these decadent Shortbread Cookies today 🙂
Much Love and Peace~