Country Italian Salad- crisp greens, white beans, tomatoes, peppers, shaved cucumber, and parmesan cheese are the makings of a beautiful salad!
Beautiful and Delicious too! I love salads, especially in the summer time, they’re refreshing and light and taste amazing when the temperatures are so hot outside. It’s okay to admit that I totally have a thing for Italy, right?! Y’all know it’s true. When people ask me my favorite cuisine to cook- my reply is always, “Italian”. I love the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh herbs and ingredients that flavor a lot of the cuisine in Italy. I’ve been there twice and I’m chopping at the bit to go again. One of these days…
- 4 cups mixed greens with carrots and cabbage mix
- 1 cup great white northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup large diced roma tomatoes
- 1 cup shaved cucumber slices
- 1 cup mixed red and yellow peppers, large dice
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large serving bowl place greens salad mix.
- In 4 equal sections place beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, and mixed peppers.
- Before serving evenly sprinkle parmesan cheese, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
Country Italian Salad can be topped with an Italian Salad Dressing or if you eat it like a true Italian then just drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on it. Some people eat salad as an excuse to drink dressing but for me- I love to taste all the veggies with just a hint of dressing to top it off. Anyway you dress this salad will be perfect- maybe set out all the options and let each person dress it up the way the like best 🙂
Country Italian Salad is one of my favorites- I love the combination of fresh veggies with the white beans and parmesan. Enjoy!
Much Love and Peace~