These delightful Snickerdoodle Cookies are a long-time family favorite from our Grandma Knudsen!
You’ll see exactly why we love them so much when you bake your own batch of these little babies…
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 C flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Rolling Mixture:
- 3 T sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Coat half sheet pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Cream shortening and butter.
- Add sugar and cream until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt in seperate bowl, add all at once.
- Mix just until combined.
- In seperate bowl combine rolling mixture.
- Measure teaspoon size scoop, roll in hands to form ball, roll in mixture.
- Place on prepared sheet.
- (if you wnat them a little flatter like mine, lightly press with a smooth bottomed cup)
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on rack or enjoy warm.
Snickerdoodle Cookies remind me of when I was a kid, they were always one of my very favorites!
It’s suprising how different recipes can turn out, even though they’re named the same.
My son Jake made this version last year for his Home Economics class…
They turned out a little bit more of a cake-style but still really good. Go ahead and enjoy them both 🙂
Happy Monday… I hope your long holiday weekend was nice and relaxing.
- Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Grape Mascarpone Rustic Tart Recipe
- Coconut Mango Sweet Rice Recipe
- Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Cheesecake Recipe
- French Tarte Au Citron Recipe
- Peach Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Baked Donuts
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Bundt Cake
- Candy Cane White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
- Apple Pie Bites Recipe
- Strawberry Lemonade Pops
- I love Eggnog Cookies