Browned Butter Broccoli and Mizithra Cheese is one of our families long-time favorite recipes! It’s SO good!!
What’s so special about it you’re wondering? First off- it’s wonderfully simple to make and THEN the browned butter just takes this broccoli dish to a whole new level! Oh my.
The first time Browned Butter Broccoli and Mizithra Cheese deliciously passed my lips was at the Spaghetti Factory about 10 years ago now… Oh, I was totally hooked with the first bite! I instantly knew that I’d be duplicating it at home. Mmmmm hmm.
If wondering about Mizithra Cheese is a Greek cheese made from sheep or goats milk… It is primarily produced on the island of Crete, but it is widespread throughout Greece. Mizithra can be salt dried to produce a mature salty cheese.
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 tablespoons Mizithra Cheese, finely grated
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Coat large fry pan with cooking spray; warm pan to medium high.
- Melt butter, stirring, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until butter caramelizes and is fragrant.
- Add broccoli, stir, cover with a lid and cook 1 minute, stir, repeat until tender soft.
- Approx 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons Mizithra Cheese, pour onto serving platter, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Browned Butter Broccoli with Mizithra Cheese will make even non-broccoli-eaters like broccoli! YUM.
Much Love and Peace~