Meyer Lemon Cookie Cups with Blackberry Buttercream is a dainty, lovely, and decadent dessert!
Meyer Lemon Cookie Cups with Blackberry Buttercream is the perfect cupcake for your brunch, engagement party, or bridal/baby shower!
Meyer Lemon Cookie Cups with Blackberry Buttercream has that to die for frosting. Literally!! You know the one everyone loves? The creamy delicious one? These cupcakes have just that with a blackberry twist. 🙂
Meyer Lemon Cookie Cups with Blackberry Buttercream will make you the talk of the party! Cupcakes are the perfect party go to… but mini cupcakes– even better!!
Meyer Lemon Cookie Cups with Blackberry Buttercream is the spring cupcake we have ALL been waiting for!!
Meyer Lemon Cookie Cups with Blackberry Buttercream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon meyer lemon zest approx 1
- 1 teaspoon meyer lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Blackberry Buttercream:
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoon half and half
- 2 tablespoons meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon meyer lemon zest
- 7-8 fresh blackberries
- small star tip and piping bag
- white confectionaries to garnish
- Prepeare dough:
- In large mixing bowl cream butter, add sugar, and mix until light and fluffy. (approx 5-6 minutes)
- Add eggs one at a time and mix 2-3 minutes; scraping bowl with each addition.
- Add sour cream, meyer lemon zest and juice; mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add all at once to liquid ingredients and mix until almost combined. (do not over-mix)
- Place in container with an airtight lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To cook: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously coat Wilton mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Using a small cookie scoop and place 1 scoop (approx 1 1/2 teaspoons) into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until edge is very lightly browned.
- Allow to rest in pan for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on cooling rack.
- Blackberry Buttercream:
- Cream butter in large mixing bowl, add 1 cup powdered sugar, alternating with 1 tablespoon liquid making a smooth frosting.
- Add meyer lemon zest and fresh blackberries, mix in throughly so the blackberries are mashed and well distributed.
- Fill frosting bag with star tip and pipe swirl of buttercream on top.
- Garnish with white sprinkles.