Peach Blackberry Cobbler is one of those desserts that you just can’t get enough of…
Partly because I only get to make it about one month out of the year- when the peaches are ripe on the trees and the wild blackberries are ready to be picked!
- 1 1/2 C sour cream, I like lowfat
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 1/2 Tbls tapioca
- 4 C fresh peaches, remove skins and cut 1/4 in slices
- 2 C blackberries
- 1 pie crust, I used premade
- 1 egg white, lightly beat
- 2 Tbsp raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sour cream, sugar, eggs, almond and vanilla extracts, tapioca; mix well.
- Add fresh fruit and carefully mix in.
- Evenly pour into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Unroll pie crust, cut into 1/4 in slices, weave lattice onto top of cobbler by laying shorter slices vertically and the longer slices horizontally working over and under the vertical pieces.
- Place one slice of crust around the outside of the pan and crimp with fork.
- Brush pie crust with egg white.
- Sprinkle crust with raw sugar.
- Bake 1 hour 15 min, covering with foil at an hour if crust is getting too brown.
- Place cookie sheet on the rack under cobbler to catch any spills.
MMMmmm, mmm! Peach Blackberry Cobbler is amazing. It’s sweet with a little bit of tart and with all that fresh-picked-deliciousness-in season fruit… WOW 🙂
You’ll love it. If you don’t have a garden or access to one then check your local farmers market for fresh from the garden produce for this recipe- it’s well worth it!