Lemon Coconut Scones with Lemon Glaze are a healthier scone that tastes amazing!
Lemon Coconut Scones with Lemon Glaze are just perfect for spring! They’re simple to make and will go along perfectly with any weekend brunch menu. They have a rich, lovely lemon flavor because they’re made with Mother E Lemon Essential Oil. I love to cook with essential oils for so many reason but mostly because the flavor is so rich and full bodied.
Lemon Coconut Scones with Lemon Glaze have a flaky and moist crumb plus the Lemon Glaze is the perfect addition to the toasted coconut flavor of the scones.
You’ll just love them so much!!
Do you love essential oils? I’ve loved and used essential oils for nearly 20 years now but I’m totally loving the Mother E brand of essential oils. They have blends that are unique, smell amazing, therapeutic, and are like nothing I’ve ever seen before. Another super cool thing is Mother E is that they are NOT an MLM. . . everyone can order and at a great price too! Plus, they have a program called Earth Perks– which lets you earn points and get free product and cool stuff! Be sure to jump over and check it out 🙂
Lemon Coconut Scones with Lemon Glaze are a lovely combination of flavors that’s perfect to make this weekend.
Have a beautiful Wednesday!
Much Love and Peace~
Lemon Coconut Scones with Lemon Glaze
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup butter cold
- 4 oz neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 7 drops Mother E Lemon essential oil
- toasted flaked coconut for garnish if desired.
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 drops Mother E Lemon essential oil
- In a medium size fry pan over medium high heat, add coconut and cook stirring constantly until edges are toasted; remove from pan to small plate to cool.
- (allow to completely cool before making scones)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray; Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter and neufatchel cream cheese until resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add toasted coconut; toss to mix.
- In a small bowl mix egg, honey, coconut milk, lemon juice, and Mother E Lemon essential oil.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in liquid; stir just until moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth (will be sticky).
- Shape into a circle a 1/2 inch thick.
- Slice into 10 wedges.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack.
- Lemon Glaze: Combine in a small bowl, mix well, will be very thin.
- Drizzle with glaze, sprinkle toasted flaked coconut, and serve.