Craving something new for breakfast? Poached Pear with Greek Yogurt is just what you’ve been looking for!
Oh my. I love this combination… it tastes amazing! You also might try it with a little granola sprinkled on top too. Yummy 🙂
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 4 bosc pears
- 2 cups red wine, merlot or bordeaux or grape juice
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup honey plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups fat-free greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, divided
- Peel pears, remove core, slice each pear into 6 sections.
- In medium sauce pan, combine wine, water, cinnamon stick, 2/3 C honey.
- Bring to simmer over medium-low, add pears.
- Partially cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Remove pears to separate bowl, continue simmering liquid for 15-18 minutes more or until 75% reduced.
- Pour sauce over pears, refriderate until serving.
- Serve 4 pear slices with 1/4 C yogurt, drizzle of honey, and orange zest.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 4gSugar: 56gProtein: 7g
Poached Pears with Greek Yogurt is sure to be a beautiful addition to your next breakfast or weekend brunch.
- Blackberry Pear Mimosa Recipe
- Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Baked Eggs in Avocado Recipe
- Raspberry Maple Roll-ups Recipe
- Peaches and Cream Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Baked Donuts
- Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze Recipe
- Holiday Almond Biscotti and Lagrima Giveaway
- Healthy Banana Muffins Recipe
- Peach Turnovers with Sweet Peach Glaze
- Dark Chocolate Blueberry Scones
- Spinach and Bacon Omelette Recipe