Craving something new for breakfast? Poached Pear with Greek Yogurt is just what you’ve been looking for!
Oh my. I love this combination… it tastes amazing! You also might try it with a little granola sprinkled on top too. Yummy 🙂
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 4 bosc pears
- 2 C red wine, merlot or bordeaux or grape juice
- 1 C water
- 2/3 C honey plus 2 Tbsp for garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 C fat-free greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp orange zest, divided
- Peel pears, remove core, slice each pear into 6 sections.
- In medium sauce pan, combine wine, water, cinnamon stick, 2/3 C honey.
- Bring to simmer over medium-low, add pears.
- Partially cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Remove pears to separate bowl, continue simmering liquid for 15-18 minutes more or until 75% reduced.
- Pour sauce over pears, refriderate until serving.
- Serve 4 pear slices with 1/4 C yogurt, drizzle of honey, and orange zest.
Poached Pears with Greek Yogurt is sure to be a beautiful addition to your next breakfast or weekend brunch.