Disneyland’s Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Rods…
After Christmas we took a road trip to Disneyland with our kiddos…
Of course… it was all decked out in Disney style Holiday Decor! This is a picture of It’s a Small World right before the parade…
Because of my lovely little blog… we were given VIP seats to the parade our first night at Disneyland! Which was totally awesome!! Here’s a photo of the kids in their front row seats…
And FUN pic’s from the parade…
Disneyland has tonz of amazing and delicious treats like in the photo below— seriously, everywhere you turn!
One of the treats they sell at Disneyland are Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Rods, I’ve wanted to duplicate them for a couple of years now– they’re so stinkin’ GOOD 🙂
Here is a picture of one of the Disney Candy Ladies making some Pretzel Rods…
AND here’s a picture of our Disneyland’s Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Rods (copy cat) they’re fun and easy to make AND a fabulous little treat!
- 1 10 oz package pretzel rods
- 1 11 0z package caramel bits
- 1 12 oz package milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 package mini M&M's
- wax paper
- Melt caramel bits according to package directions (I used a microwave),
- Dip each caramel rod in caramel covering it 3/4 of the way, leaving the base of rod uncovered.
- Use a spoon to assist dipping.
- Lay on wax paper to cool and set.
- Once cooled, melt chocolate chips and oil in microwave for 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds, stir well, repeat until completely melted.
- Dip rods in chocolate covering all of caramel except for 1/2 inch at the base, lay on wax paper, sprinkle with mini m&m's, place on wax paper.
- Once all the rods are dipped, use a fork and remaining chocolate to drizzle over rods.
- Allow to cool and set.
The yummy chocolate chip cookie in the photo was actually bought at Disneyland and the plate and wrapper are from there too! I bought the cookie cutter and think it would be so fun to duplicate that cookie one of these days 🙂
I’ll be back with more FUN Disney recipes plus some more highlights from our Holiday Disneyland trip through the week! Check out these other recipes Disney’s Mini Mac-and-Cheese and Disney’s Caramel Apple Pie SO good!
Have a wonderful Wednesday 🙂