Here it is… (drum roll, please) our Top Secret Disney Recipe 🙂 Disney Flo’s V8 Cafe Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie!!
This Pie is SO amazing… it’s totally worth the effort of finding Rhubarb at this time of year! Which was a little bit of a trick and after searching many frozen food sections, I ended up finding a friend that had frozen some from last summer! Many thanks to Lora Lee for sharing her Rhubarb 🙂
This delicious Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie is from Flo’s V8 Cafe, I was given permission to reproduce this recipe by the Walt Disney Company for use in this post.
Disney’s California Adventures new Cars Land is exactly like walking into the movie… it’s unbelievably amazing!!
We loved every step of it… it’s such an awesome experience! The Holiday Decorations where so perfectly themed with Cars Land it was super cool 🙂
We loved the rides! Here’s some pic’s of Luigi’s Flying Tires Ride…
Here’s a few photo’s from Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree:
AND saving the best (which it is hard to top the other Cars Land rides) for last… Radiator Springs Racers was our very favorite!
You’ll absolutely enjoy every minute of the new Cars Land at California Adventures and all the fun rides and the entire feel of it! If you want to check out a fun interactive site visit Disney’s California Adventures.
NOW… let’s get back to that amazing pie!
Disney Flo's V8 Cafe Strawberry-Rhubard Pie
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 5 TBsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Filling
- 11/2 C sliced frozen rhubarb
- favorite 2 crust pie crust, I used a store bought
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 C fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/2 C light brown, lightly packed
- 1/2 c sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, slat, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Mix softened butter with a fork or fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in vanilla.
- Set aside.
- Place rhubarb on layers of paper towels to thaw and drain, removing as much liquid as possible.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay out 1 pie crust in the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan, chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together egg and water in a small bowl to make egg wash.
- Set aside.
- Mix rhubarb, strawberries, brown sugar, sugar, orange zest, and orange juice in a large mixing bowl; set aside for 10 minutes.
- Stir flour and cinnamon into rhubarb mixture.
- Pour filling into pie shell and brush edges with egg wash.
- Add top crust and seal edges with fork tines.
- Using a sharp knife to slice a cross in the center of the pie crust and almost touch the edge of pie.
- Using fingers pull back all four points of the cross until the dough can be pressed into the edges of pie crust.
- Egg wash the top of pie and sprinkle streudel filling onto the exposed pie filling. Collar pie with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Decrease temperature to 375 degrees and bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until pie is golden brown, removing foil the last 15 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
*This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchen and not tested for home use. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. I was given express permission to reproduce this recipe from Walt Disney Parks and Resort U.S.
I hope you enjoy Disney Flo’s V8 Cafe Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie… it is just about the best pie you’ll ever taste! We totally loved it 🙂
Here are some other Disney recipes that you may enjoy… Disney’s Mini Mac-and-Cheese, Disney’s Caramel Apple Pie, Disney’s Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Rods
Have a very happy Wednesday!!
* I was given to two park hopper tickets by Disneyland and express written permission to use this recipe. The opinions expressed in this post are genuine and my own.
Laura and Valerie says
New follower from the pin party at online blog con! This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.
Gosh… you can’t beat this pie! It’s so fabulous 🙂 It’s nice to meet you and thanks for the fun comment! Come back on Saturday to my (link up) party and share some of your awesome stuff! xoxo~ Ruthie
Martha @ A Family Feast says
Ruthie! This looks GREAT! (And now we want to go to Disneyland to see the new rides…)
Hi Martha… you’ll just love the new Cars Land when you get a chance to go! It’s so fun, of course. AND this pie is amazing!! Thanks for the fun comment 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie
Very different from my mother’s rhubarb pie recipe, but it looks worth trying … if I can find rhubarb. Neither the grocery stores nor the gardens here have it.
Finding rhubarb is a trick! It’s not easy especially if it’s not grown in your area… I hope you can luck into finding it because this pie is amazing 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie