Grandma Linda’s Rolls
Grandma Linda’s Rolls are my kids most treasured roll recipe to ever exist! Seriously. They believe no Holiday dinner is complete without these rolls… AND for a very good reason! Their Grandma’s rolls are light and fluffy and SO worth the effort of making them 🙂
Now… one thing to keep in mind about Grandma Linda is that she’s the amazing mom of 11 children SO, her recipes are often large enough to feed a big family. We make this recipe the way it is and like having rolls for leftover turkey or ham sandwiches! It could easily be cut in half for a smaller batch!
- 5 C warm water
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 3 Tbsp instant yeast
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 C powdered milk
- 14-16 C flour
- 1/2 C melted butter
- Measure 1 cup warm water, sprinkle yeast on top, sprinkle 3 tablspoons of sugar on top of yeast.
- Set aside to activate yeast and foamy (approx 5 minutes).
- Add butter, salt, eggs, powdered milk; mix on low.
- Alternate 4 cups flour and remaining 4 cups water; mixing with each addition.
- Add yeast mixture; mix.
- Add remaining flour one cup at a time up to 14 cups.
- Cover with lid and mix on high for 10 minutes.
- At this point you're looking for a soft dough that is slightly starts to pull away from the edges of the bowl. ( I usually use 15 C flour.)
- Remove beater, cover with a warm wet towel and let rise until double in size. (approx 30 minutes)
- Punch down dough, lightly flour counter top, roll out half the dough at a time to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut using a biscuit cutter or the open end of a drinking glass dipped in flour with each cut.
- Dip fingers in melted butter, spread butter on inside of the roll, slightly pull the circle to oblong, and fold in half.
- Set on buttered cookie sheet, pressing finger in the center of the outer edge to keep from popping open.
- Cover with warm, wet towel, allow to rise double in size. (approx 30 mins)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees, bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter if desired.
- Allow to cool or serve warm.
Grandma Linda’s Rolls are a must have around our house at the Holidays! A special Thanks to her for letting me share these delicious rolls. I actually learned a lot of my Holiday Baking skills from her so I’ll be sharing some more her yumminess with all of you 🙂
These rolls go terrifically with the Pumpkin Lime and Cranberry Orange Butters !
Oh, AND I hope you were able to enter the giveaway going on right now for doTERRA essential oils~ I love these oils and you all get a chance to win some 🙂