I love this time of year when the local orchards are harvesting peaches… it’s pretty hard to beat a juicy fresh picked peach, don’t you think?!
This delightful peach treat is perfect to whip together with fresh peaches but, frozen peaches would work well too.
I know you’ll fall in love with these quick and easy Peach Turnovers with Sweet Peach Glaze!
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 5 C fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 (17.3 oz) package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- raw sugar, for garnish
- Sweet Peach Glaze:
- ¾ C powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp leftover juice from peach mixture
- ½ tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- For filling:
- combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix.
- Add peaches and toss to coat.
- Unfold pastry and cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Brush the edges of one square with milk.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp filling into the center of square, fold one corner over the filling to the opposite corner.
- Press edges with the tines of a fork to seal.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with additional squares of pastry.
- Reserve liquid from peach mixture.
- Prick tops of turnovers with fork in several places.
- Brush with additional milk and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly on baking sheet on a wire rack.
- For Sweet Peach Glaze:
- In a small mixing bowl combine butter, ½ of the powdered sugar, vanilla, salt; mix until smooth.
- Alternate adding the leftover peach juice and remaining powdered sugar.
- Mixture should be a thick drizzle glaze.
- Drizzle over warm turnovers and enjoy!
AND since we’re thinking of fall treats, here are a couple of other autumn inspired recipes for you to enjoy…
I can hardly believe that fall is here… I don’t know how time flies so quickly?! I hope these recipes get you in the mood for some delicious autumn baking
You’ll be in heaven when you try those Peach Turnovers with Sweet Peach Glaze!
Have a wonderful Tuesday and Happy Cooking,
PS- I shared this recipe over at Today’s Creative Blog too and it was an honor to be featured by Kim… I just love her