Chicken Piccata with Lemon Caper Sauce is a long time favorite Italian dish!
Fun Fit Friday is here!!! Thanks Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness for keeping us healthy and strong over here!
Chicken Piccata with Lemon Caper Sauce is wanting to be a part of your festivities this Christmas break! It has great flavor and is matched with tender juicy chicken. It’s a simple make and pleases any and all company!
I simply love how this Italian dish, Chicken Piccata with Lemon Caper Sauce, is so versatile! It goes great with any side and will keep you and your loved ones full for the night!
Well, between holiday chaos….I mean holiday fun and dealing with the season of sickness I have been using my treadmill at home a lot. I turn on Netflix for me, a movie for the toddler with plenty of snacks nearby and get to work. On her needier days I incorporate circuits that get me off the treadmill plenty and next to Nora. Today we are sticking to the treadmill and hoping Nora’s movie keeps her enthralled.
I don’t assign paces for this workout. Everyone has their own pace. You need to pick a pace that is doable and a challenge at the same time.
Chicken Piccata with Lemon Caper Sauce
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
Chicken Picattata with Lemon Caper Sauce
- 3 large chicken breasts cut in half and pounded thin
- ½ cup clarified butter
- 2 tablespoons shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour Mixture:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon pit seasoning
- In a mixing bowl combine flour mixture ingredients and evenly coat chicken cutlets; set aside.
- In a large skillet melt ¼ cup butter, pan fry the breaded chicken cutlets, add more butter to pan as needed.
- Cook until golden brown remove from pan and drain excess butter.
- Place in oven to finish cooking to 165 degrees F or hold in warm place.
- In the same pan saute the shallots, capers, and lemon zest.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the lemon juice and cream and reduce until nappe.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle the sauce over the top of the chicken picatta.