HOORAY… Fit Friday is here!
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on Fridays!
This week Nichole is sharing Healthy Snack Tips. A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Healthy Snack Tips…
Ruthie’s snack bites look delicious, I am sure my kids are going to love them. I am always looking for new ideas for on-the-go snacks. As a busy mom with little kids that have various adventures of their own we spend a lot of time in the car and I am always needing to pack snacks, my 5 year old get especially ornery when I pick her up from school and head straight to the first activity sans snack. I can’t really blame her, I get pretty ornery when I am hungry myself.
With that in mind let’s talk more about some easy tips when we find ourselves reaching for a snack whether you are off running errands or heading out on adventures.
2) Variety! If you always have the same old snack around it will get boring and the bag of chips will sound much more tempting. That is the joy of having Ruthie provide all these great ideas.
3) Spend either the time or the money to have fruits and veggies readily available. You can prep your own single sized snacks, but if you know you just aren’t going to do it spend the money and buy the single serving bags of apple slices or carrot sticks.
4) If you are being adventurous in your outings don’t miss out on the adventurous in your snacks! As the summer comes and you find yourself heading out of town, keep an open mind while still being healthy and balanced.
What else do we need to thoroughly enjoy any adventures that may come our way? We need to be ready to get out and enjoy! This means you want to be able to run up and down the beach, you want to jump in the lake and swim, you want to be able to hike up to the cool peaks and vistas, etc. In order to enjoy adventures to come we need to think of the same tips we just listed.
2) Variety! There are so many ways to go adventuring, get your body ready for them all. Being an awesome runner isn’t going to help you try out surfing this summer.
3) Spend time and/or money getting to enjoy it all. There are plenty of free things to go experience, but this generally requires a bit more research on your end. If you aren’t going to take the time or energy to plan your own adventures don’t just sit on the couch. There are plenty of companies and people that can help plan it all out for you.
4) Try new things! Be adventurous in your adventures. Whether you are home or somewhere new, there are always new things to try.
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Wild Blueberry and Mini Chocolate Chip Raw Bars are a healthy snack that’s perfect for all of your adventures!
I’m loving the warm weather that’s been showing up lately, don’t get me wrong, I love all the seasons! Luckily, I live in a beautiful state that has all four of them. It seams like they rotate just perfectly for me too because as I tire of the current season, the next is beginning to unfold.
AND so with spring in full bloom and outdoor activities beginning to pick up again- I love to make raw bars and raw bites. They’re the perfect snack to take along with you on all your adventures!
Here’s a few more varieties for you to enjoy… Raw Bars or Bites are simply different shapes for the same type of raw bar recipe- Coconut Sunflower Seed Power Bites, Berry Medley Raw Bars, Chocolate Trail Mix Power Bites, Almond Joy Power Bites, Dark Chocolate Raw Bars, Healthy Power Bites, and Almond Power Bites. Any of these recipes can be pressed into a pan to make bars or rolled into balls to make bites! Any shape you make them just put them in an air tight container and then into the fridge… they’ll easily keep for up to week. (if they stay around that long)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup milled flax seed
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried wild blueberries, from trader joes
- In mixing bowl combine oats, peanut butter, honey; mix until incorporated.
- Add flax seed, chia seeds; mix.
- Gently fold in mini chocolate chips and dried wild blueberry.
- Press into a 8x8 pan and chill in fridge.
- Once cold, cut into 1x3 bars and serve.
- Keep bars refrigerated and air tight.
Wild Blueberry and Mini Chocolate Chip Raw Bars will be you’re families new favorite snack!
Much Love and Peace~
- Holiday Overnight Oats Recipe
- Perfect Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Sourdough Biscuits Recipe
- Nutella White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping Recipe
- Brown Sugar Banana Squash Recipe
- Baked Crispy Chicken, Rice Pilaf, and Green Beans Recipes