I don’t know about you all but I love a delicious Breakfast Scone AND when it’s a healthier recipe- I love them that much more…
Skinny Cranberry-Orange Scones
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/3 cup butter, cold
- 4 oz neufatchel cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light agave
- 3/4 cup lowfat milk
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; mix.
- Cut in butter and neufatchel cream cheese until resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl mix egg, agave, milk, orange juice, orange zest.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in liquid; stir just until moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (will be sticky).
- Knead in cranberries until just combined.
- Shape into a circle a 1/2 inch thick.
- Slice into 8 wedges.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack.
I absolutely love cranberries and orange together… so naturally I ate almost everyone of these Skinny Cranberry Orange Scones myself 🙂
I hope you all enjoy them as much as I did!
Don’t miss these other fabulous skinny recipes…
Have a super awesome Tuesday and Happy Cooking!!
PS- I shared this recipe over at www.the36thavenue.com too!
- Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Frosting Recipe
- Baked Gingerbread Doughnuts Recipe
- Buttermilk Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
- Strawberry Mango Kiwi Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Tropical Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Rice Pudding Smoothie Recipe
- French Pâte à Crêpes Recipe