FOILED Cinnamon Sugar Bananas this fabulous healthy banana dessert recipe comes from the new FOILED cookbook! I’m always game for new desserts, so when I saw these Cinnamon Sugar Bananas I just had to give them a try! Warm bananas are heavenly. I added a bit of whipped cream which goes fabulously with the touch of cinnamon and sugar baked inside.
I’m excited to share a new cookbook with you today~FOILED! And just in time for summer and all your outdoor adventures! I love to be outdoors, even if it’s just in the backyard. Foiled is filled with fabulous recipes that can be cooked over a campfire, on the grill, or just in the oven too.
Tips & Tricks for Grilling:
• Take meat our of fridge to bring it to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
• Clean the BBQ grill grate with a metal scraper,
• To reduce sticking spray generously with cooking spray before igniting grill so it does not flame up.
• Preheat your grill on high, scrape again if needed to remove any really tough to remove areas.
• Create heat zones for two stage cooking;
• Stage One: heat one side of grill to high heat; sear the meat on each side for 2 minutes, rotating to get cross-hatching marks.
• Stage Two: heat second side of grill to low or off; place the seared meat here until reaches desired temperature.
• Invest in a high quality probe thermometer.
• To get the best reading; probe the meat on the side inserting the probe into the center of the cut of meat.
• Once meat reaches 5 degrees below desired temperature move to a resting plate and tent with foil to keep warm without sweating.
• Rest meat for 5 minutes to slow the juices.
- Serve and Enjoy!
• Grilling is a little like cooking on the Mojave dessert — dry, dry and hot, hot, hot! Make sure to use your grilling sauce and apply it with each rotation so the meatballs stay nice and moist on the inside.
- 3 large bananas, unpeeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- honey, to taste
- whipped cream to garnish
- 2 sheets tin foil
- Layer tinfoil, spray with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Slice each banana peel lengthwise, gently open the peel, making sure to keep it intact, and slice banana.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture, and drizzle with honey.
- Wrap in foil and cook 5 minutes or until warm.
- Serve with whipped cream.
FOILED Cinnamon Sugar Bananas is a perfect dessert for this time of year!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene