Yahoo!! Fit Friday is here!
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on Fridays!
This week Nichole is sharing some Morning Workout Tips. A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Morning Workout Tips …
Even on those crazy busy days you still should strive to get your heart rate up and pumping. You need to get up and get it done early on those days. I am an avid believer in morning workouts, if I don’t get up and get it done it just doesn’t seem to happen. And on really crazy days I have to make it quick and worth every minute of my time.
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Fruit and Nut Breakfast Cookies are packed with fabulous nutrition to help you get a jump start on the day!
I love to make these Fruit and Nut Breakfast Cookies on the weekend and then pop some in the freezer to grab on those hectic days during the week. They’re packed with oats, chia seeds, nuts, and fruit so they’ll keep you full and happy clear until lunch!
Oh and they’re also great for a healthier snack too 🙂
Fruit and Nut Breakfast Cookies are filling and delicious but don’t let their shape fool you… they’re everything you want in breakfast even though they’re shaped like a cookie! Mmmmmm hmmm.
Fruit and Nut Breakfast Cookie
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sunflower or peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups whole oats
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milled flax seed
- 1/2 cup dried apricots snipped
- 1/2 cup dried golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- plus coarse sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment cream butter and sugars for 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl with each addition.
- Mix 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add sunflower or peanut butter; mix well.
- Add vanilla; mix.
- Add oats, baking soda, milled flax; mix until 80% combined.
- Add apricots, golden raisins, almonds, chia and sunflower seeds; stir in by hand using wooden spoon.
- Drop using a medium sized scoop (approx 1/4 cup) onto prepared pan.
- Add sprinkle of coarse sea salt to top of each dough scoop.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until edges are golden browned.
- (the center still be a little puffy.)
- Let cool 1 minute on pan and remove to cooling rack.
Enjoy baking a batch of these Fruit and Nut Breakfast Cookies this weekend!
Happy Fit Friday!!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie