Raspberry Cream Empanadas are every bit as good as they look! Flakey pastry outside with raspberry cream inside AND then drizzled with chocolate! Delish!!
Oh my. They taste amazing and they’re so simple to make~ you’ve totally got to give them a try. Valentines Day is just around the corner and they would be a fun recipe to bake up some love for the sweeties in your life.
- 1 (8 count) low fat crescent rolls package
- ¼ C neufatchel cream cheese
- ⅔ C fresh raspberries, cut large ones in half
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg white + 1 Tbsp water, beaten
- 2 Tbsp sugar in the raw
- drizzle of dark chocolate for garnish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cream cheese and brown sugar; mix to combine.
- Line half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Unfold crescent roll dough and divide into 4 rectangles (2 crescent pieces each)
- Fold raspberries into cream cheese mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Divide mixture among the 4 rectangles, spooning into the the bottom half.
- Fold top half over and crimp edges together with a fork.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar in the raw.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on cooling rack.
- Once cool, drizzle with dark chocolate, a sprinkle with a little more sugar in the raw for garnish.
This recipe is pretty easy to adapt… you could easily substitute strawberries or chocolate chips in this recipe for a different spin!
One my favorite way to show love to my family and friends is to bake them some tasty treats!
Check out these reicpes for your valentine baking…
Much Love and Peace~