I love to cook and bake so, I’ve been spreading a little bit of love around with these Valentine Sugar Cookies!
Cooking is an expression of love for me. It’s the way I say, “I love you” to the people in my life. Healthy and balanced meals for my family because I love and care about them. Having a hard day?… a plate of cookies will surely make it all better! (my friends secretly hate this about me)
You’ll love this recipe. It’s the perfect balance between soft and chewy AND of course, they’ll bring a smile to all your sweeties too!
Valentine Sugar Cookies
- 6 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 C butter softened
- 1 1/2 C low fat sour cream
- 2 C sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C butter softened
- 4-5 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 Tbsp milk or cream
- red food coloring
- Wilton 1M open star tip
- large piping bag
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line half sheet pan with parchment paper or silpat.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt; mix and set aside.
- In another bowl cream butter, add sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl with each addition.
- Add vanilla and sour cream; mix.
- Add dry ingredients all at once; mix just until combined.
- Divide dough in half, place on a large piece of saran wrap, shape into a large, flat rectangle, wrap in saran, refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.
- Lightly flour counter top, roll dough out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies with heart cookie cutters.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet, bake 5-6 minutes until bottom is golden.
- Cool on rack.
- Cream butter, add powdered sugar 1 C at a time, mixing each addition until incorporated.
- Add vanilla and milk alternating with powdered sugar.
- Divide frosting in half and place in separate bowls.
- Add 3 drops red food coloring to one half, mix throughly.
- Frost entire top of cookies with white or pink frosting.
- Place white frosting to one side of pastry bag and pink on the other.
- (I'm not particular about it- it will look marbles once it is piped)
- Decorate cookies edge and finish with sprinkles.
I hope you have fun baking up some lovin’ from your kitchen with these beautiful Valentines Sugar Cookies.
I just wanted to say thank you for keeping up with my cooking adventures. I love to share recipes. I’m SO glad to have this space where we all share the love of cooking and baking and have become good friends! I love y’all and I hope your Valentines Day is filled with little reminders how AMAZING you are 🙂
Happy Thursday and Happy Baking!
Much Love and Peace~