Valentine Sweet Hearts are a tasty little treat that JOLLY TIME was kind enough to send our way 🙂
Aren’t they adorable? I agree AND they are SO good. I AM somewhat biased however, I LOVE, love, love dried cherries.
- 12 cups popped JOLLY TIME® Smart Balance Butter Light Microwave Pop Corn
- 1-1/2 cups dried tart cherries
- 1 1-pound bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or chopped vanilla candy coating
- ¼ cup butter
- Long lollipop sticks or paper straws
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate morsels
- Mix popcorn and cherries in a large bowl.
- Place marshmallows, white chocolate, and butter in a large saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn; toss gently until well coated.
- With wet or buttered hands, press mixture into a 3-1/2 to 4-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter (place cutter on a parchment paper sheet; press in popcorn, then lift cutter off).
- Insert a lollipop stick or straw in the base of each heart.
- Allow popcorn hearts to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate.
- Drizzle over hearts.
- Allow to harden.
- Wrap hearts in cellophane and tie with ribbon; stand them up in a vase or jar as a centerpiece or gift.
*recipe from Jolly Time
Valentine Sweet Hearts is a fun activity to make with the kids and yummy to share with everyone you love this Valentines Day! The perfect way to capture their hearts.
Did you know that Jolly Time Pop Corn made with Smart Balance Popping Oils (contains zero grams of trans fats). That’s a huge plus in my book.
PS- I was given the ingredients for the this recipe by Jolly Time but the opinions expressed are genuine and my own.