Y’all are in for a treat today!
Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze are going to rock your world
They’re seriously to-die-for delicious and of course they’re just about as skinny as you can make them and still have all the flavor!
My son says it’s the Browned Butter Glaze that makes them so amazing… AND he may be right! It’s pretty darn fabulous
- ½ C butter
- ½ C applesauce
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites
- 2⅔ C flour
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (about ½ a lemon)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 overripe bananas- add one at a time
- Browned Butter Glaze:
- ¼ C butter, browned on stove
- 2 C powdered sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- 2-3 Tbsp lowfat milk
- Blend for 2 minutes on high to mix well, batter will appear glossy.
- Place half the batter into a gallon ziplock baggie, snip the end off, fill donut pan ⅔ the way full or pour into lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees.
- Donuts 7-9 minutes, muffins 18-20 minutes.
- Donuts are done when spring back with a light touch and lightly browned.
- Muffins are done when an inserted toothpick removes clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn out on rack to finish cooling.
- In a small sauce pan on melt butter over medium high heat, watch carefully when it reaches a medium brown color and nutty aroma remove from heat.
- Whisk in 1 C powdered sugar at a time, adding 1 Tbsp milk as it thickens; adjust milk as necessary so it's thick enough to stay on top of donuts.
- Add vanilla, whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle hot over the tops of donuts or muffins.
- Will set as cools so work quickly.
- Cool and Enjoy!
You’ll just be thrilled with these Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze- they can even be made as muffins if you don’t have a donut pan.