Root Vegetable Frittata is a lovely dish for weekday breakfast or weekend brunch or everyday!
Root Vegetable Frittata has got to be my new favorite frittata. . . it’s SO lovely, filling, and the flavors will leave you pretty much speechless! I also love that it’s made in just a one skillet~ let mess for my mornings are always a good thing!
Let’s just talk about the ingredients in our Root Vegetable Frittata and you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. . .
Egg whites, swiss cheese, green onion, sweet potato, rutabaga, turnip, and red potatoes too! AND then add fresh purple basil before serving and Oohhhhh baby. Now we’re talkin’! 🙂
Root Vegetable Frittata is the loveliest way to start your day!
Have an amazing Wednesday!
Much Love and Peace~
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 turnip, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped and divided
- 7 egg whites
- 5 whole eggs
- ¼ cup swiss cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl combine egg whites, whole eggs, salt, and pepper; whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet layer rutabaga, red potato, turnip, sweet potato alternating between each vegetable until all layered.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup green onions and evenly distribute cheese to cover root vegetables.
- Top with egg mixture and gently move egg around to cover all of the vegetables.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness,
- Sprinkle with remaining green onions and fresh purple basil.
- Serve warm with a crusty loaf of bread.