This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser, Mars Wrigley Confectionery, US LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #CandyCallIt
Today’s All-Star Football Sugar Cookie Recipe is sure to make the Big Game even more exciting! Whether you wait all year for the biggest football game to roll around or just love to be with friends and eat tailgating food, our football sugar cookies are a definite touchdown! Make this year’s gathering an extra sweet treat with our interactive All-Star Football Sugar Cookie Recipe because every person gets to create their own delightful treat. We’ll start off with homemade football shaped (of course!!) sugar cookies, spread on some buttercream frosting, and then add some All-Star Toppings with SNICKERS®, M&M’S® and SKITTLES® candies!
All-Star Football Sugar Cookie Recipe
We are BIG, Big Game fans around here. I personally have always loved the Big Game for the mouth watering food!!! We love to go all out for football at least once a year!
Take your Big Game party to the next level with our All-Star Football Sugar Cookie Recipe! What a delightful way to bring something new to the table this year for 2021! We know that everyone will enjoy personalizing their very own football shaped sugar cookie and who doesn’t love SNICKERS®, M&M’S® and SKITTLES® candies! The funnest part is picking and choosing what color and candy you’d like to combine on your cookie. Take it to the next level with a little friendly competition to see whose cookie wins the title “Best Decorated”! We love making edible memories with our families. 🙂
All-Star Football Sugar Cookie Recipe Toppings
- SNICKERS® Minis, M&M’S® Peanut candies, and SKITTLES® Original candies
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- Buttercream Frosting
How to make All-Star Football Sugar Cookie Recipe
It’s as simple as 1-2-3!
Make the dough. Roll/Cut the dough. Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes!
Have such a fabulous time creating your All-Star Football Sugar Cookie Recipe!!
Okay, so the best part is that you have a chance to “Win” more than just the title of Best Big Game Party with these awesome treats! Let me explain… every bar or pack lets you play Candy Call It™, a fun twist on game picks. Players can win $100K or tons of other sweet prizes thanks to everyone’s favorite Big Game sweets. To get in on the action and learn how to play, simply click the image above for this great offer ending 2/7/21. No purchase necessary. Must be 16+.
A few helpful tips for baking at higher elevations:
- If you live 3,000 feet above sea level or more it is considered high elevation and may take longer to cook/bake.
- Adjustments are needed for 5,000+ feet and above:
- Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
- Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
- Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Check if it is done a little early.
- This takes some trial and error to get it right for you.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- All-Star Toppings:
- 1/2 cup SNICKERS® Minis
- 1/2 cup M&M’S® Peanut candies
- 1/2 cup SKITTLES® Original candies
- patriotic sprinkles
- Buttercream Frosting:
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 2-3 tablespoon half and half
- 1 football shaped cookie cutter
- Prepare dough:
- In large mixing bowl cream butter, add sugar, and mix until light and fluffy. (approximately 5-6 minutes)
- Add eggs one at a time and mix 2-3 minutes; scraping bowl with each addition.
- Add sour cream; mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add all at once to liquid ingredients and mix until almost combined. (do not over-mix)
- Place in container with an airtight lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To cook: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously coat 18x13 cookie sheet pan with cooking spray.
- On a flat work surface generously dust with flour; place 1/2 of the dough and roll out to 1/4 inch thick.
- Keep hands, rolling pin, and cookie cutter coated in flour; cut out football shapes and place on prepared pan.
- Return dough to fridge between batches.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or until edge are very lightly browned.
- Allow to rest in pan for 1 minute; remove from pan and cool on cooling rack.
- Buttercream Frosting:
- Cream butter in large mixing bowl, add 1 cup powdered sugar, alternating with 1 tablespoon liquid at a time; whip until smooth.
- Decorate with All-Star Toppings of choice!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g
Win big with our All-Star Football Sugar Cookie Recipe this year!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene