Roasted Brussel Sprout, Red Onion, Pine Nut Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is a savory salad that makes a deliciously healthy meal!
Can you believe it’s March? Where does the time fly these day?!?! I feel like the months fly by like days anymore… I’m sure that totally must mean I’m getting old.
This salad is a savory combination of all kinds of fresh ingredients that’ll give you lots of healthy vegetables in very palate pleasing way.
Don’t you think Brussel Sprouts are just the most adorable little things?! I quite adore them, they couldn’t be any cuter in their mini-cabbage-way plus it helps that they’re SO darn tasty.
You’ll love way the flavors pop in this recipe… that oven roasting is an awesome technique to add a little caramelization and bring out the flavors of any vegetable.
- 1 12oz package brussel sprouts, washed halved
- 1/2 C thin sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 C raw pine nuts
- 1/2 C Edam cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups baby kale
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a half sheet pan; combine brussel sprouts, red onion, and 2 tablespoons olive oil- toss to coat and evenly spread over pan.
- Bake 20 minutes stirring twice.
- Add pine nuts and toss; bake 5 minutes more or until brussel sprouts are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile; in a small bowl combine lemon juice, lemon zest, 3 tablespoons olive oil; stir and set aside.
- To assemble: evenly spread 1 cup baby kale on each 4 serving plate, divide roasted vegetables between plates, top with edam cheese, and serve with lemon/olive oil vinaigrette.
Roasted Brussel Sprout, Red Onion, Pine Nut Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing is a beautiful way to get your veggies!
Happiest of Mondays to y’all!
Much Love and Peace~