Poppy Seed Loaf and a Wedding
We hosted my good friend Kate’s wedding last weekend! I warned her that I’d have to blog the occasion and she was more than happy to let me 🙂
The Steve and Kate Johnson Family…
After the ceremony Kate served all kinds of really yummy sweet breads and desserts! I’m going to highlight a couple of the recipes this week starting with this amazing Poppy Seed Loaf…
This lovely lady named Kara brought the Poppy Seed Loaf and shared the recipe 🙂
When you make this Poppy Seed Loaf you’ll see why it’s perfect for a wedding, it’s melt-in-your-mouth-wonderful! I think making it into small loaves would be such a fun little gift to give friends or co-workers!!
Kate is one of my friends from bowling AND I’m so glad that I was able to meet these ladies… they’re amazing~ each in their own way! Even though life gets crazy sometimes, we’re always there for each other and knowing that somehow makes it all a little easier 🙂
Steve and Kate’s cute girls…
I LOVED Kate’s bouquet…
Here’s a picture of the back yard in all it’s wedding glory!!
I was the photographer for this wonderful event… ALL the more pictures to play with for my posts, right?! 🙂 And just in case you were wondering, there will be more delicious recipes coming this week…
- 1 box yellow or lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 4oz vanilla pudding
- 1 C sour cream
- 1/2 C water
- 1/2 C oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Cooking spray and flour 2 large bread pans or 4 small pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, mix until incorporated. Divide batter between bread pans.
- Bake large loaves 45 minutes, small 18 minutes or until center springs back with a light touch.
- Cool 10 minutes on rack, turn out to finish cooling.