Here’s another recipe from the Penzeys Spices store in Boulder, Co. I liked this Soft Ginger Creams recipe and took some to my Bunco group last night… they all gave them 2 thumbs up!! My daughter, Kate, also wrapped up a bunch of Soft Ginger Creams to take to her teacher (they were the ones that were cooking when our electricity went out for an hour?!?!) so they weren’t as soft :/
Hopefully they still liked them?? Anyways, if you like Ginger then give these Soft Ginger Creams cookies a try!
|Soft Ginger Creams|
|Cream shortening, add sugar, mix well|
|Add soda, spices, salt mix well|
|and water, mix well|
|Add flour 1 cup at a time|
|Cover and chill for 3 hours|
|Spray cookie scoop with cooking spray so batter won’t stick|
|Place 2 inches apart on sprayed cookie sheet|
|Bake 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack|
Here’s the frosting:
|Sift powdered sugar|
|Combine powdered sugar and melted butter|
|Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time|
|Frosting should be thin|
|Drizzle over cooled cookies|
|Let frosting dry on rack|
The description in the magazine for these Soft Ginger Creams says, “Little, spicy, yummy clouds of delight” That pretty much sums it up! Enjoy!!
- 1/3 C shortening
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C molasses
- 1/2 C water
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 tsp milk
- In large mixing bowl, beat shortening for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, baking soda, spices, salt.
- Beat until combined.
- Add egg, molasses, and water on low speed until combined.
- Add flour, scrape sides, mix until combined.
- Cover and chill dough for 3 hours.
- Dough will be soft.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (keep them small) 2 inches apart on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Chill the dough between batches.
- Bake 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Drizzle with icing.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, melted butter, mix.
- Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Drizzle over cookies.