Here’s another recipe from the Penzeys Spices store in Boulder, Co. I liked this Soft Ginger Creams recipe and took some to my Bunco group last night… they all gave them 2 thumbs up!! My daughter, Kate, also wrapped up a bunch of Soft Ginger Creams to take to her teacher (they were the ones that were cooking when our electricity went out for an hour?!?!) so they weren’t as soft :/
Hopefully they still liked them?? Anyways, if you like Ginger then give these Soft Ginger Creams cookies a try!
|Soft Ginger Creams|
|Cream shortening, add sugar, mix well|
|Add soda, spices, salt mix well|
|and water, mix well|
|Add flour 1 cup at a time|
|Cover and chill for 3 hours|
|Spray cookie scoop with cooking spray so batter won’t stick|
|Place 2 inches apart on sprayed cookie sheet|
|Bake 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack|
Here’s the frosting:
|Sift powdered sugar|
|Combine powdered sugar and melted butter|
|Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time|
|Frosting should be thin|
|Drizzle over cooled cookies|
|Let frosting dry on rack|
The description in the magazine for these Soft Ginger Creams says, “Little, spicy, yummy clouds of delight” That pretty much sums it up! Enjoy!!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 teaspoon milk
- In large mixing bowl, beat shortening for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, baking soda, spices, salt.
- Beat until combined.
- Add egg, molasses, and water on low speed until combined.
- Add flour, scrape sides, mix until combined.
- Cover and chill dough for 3 hours.
- Dough will be soft.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (keep them small) 2 inches apart on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Chill the dough between batches.
- Bake 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Drizzle with icing.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, melted butter, mix.
- Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Drizzle over cookies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g