I love it when Miss Julie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva comes over to share her kitchen creations with us!
Today she’s brought a tasty one-pot dinner Red Potato, Pepper, and Kielbasa Skillet for us! Enjoy…
Hello! I have a unique, but delicious skillet dish for you. Is there anything better than a skillet dinner? Maybe a donut, but when it comes to an easy dinner this is the way to go.
This dish has so much goodness in it -kielbasa, potatoes, peppers and onions mixed with a sauce that includes Dijon mustard, cider vinegar and so much more. You can have this dinner done in under 30 minutes since the potatoes are cooked in the microwave.
Yes, that’s right, cooked in the microwave. It really works and saves so much time.
If kielbasa isn’t your thing then you can substitute Italian sausage. It’s a delicious dinner that everyone will love.
- 1 lb. red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tbsp. water
- 3/4 pound kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a microwave-safe dish add the chopped potatoes and the 3 tbsp. of water.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender, drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the kielbasa and onion in oil until the onion is tender.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes; the potatoes and kielbasa should be lightly brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, dried thyme and pepper. Whisk well and then pour into the skillet.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 1022mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 14g
Check out these other recipes from Julie…
Whip up some Red Potato, Pepper, and Kielbasa Skillet for supper tonight!
We hope you have a fabulous Thursday!!
Much Love and Peace~
Julie and Ruthie