Ever since I was a kiddo I’ve adored Egg Nog… yep. It’s true! It has always been one of the highlights of the Holidays for me 🙂
SO, naturally, Egg Nog Bundt Cake with Egg Nog Frosting can’t be anything but fabulous!
- 1 (15oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 (3oz) dry white chocolate instant pudding mix
- ½ C light egg nog
- ½ C light sour cream
- 4 eggs or I use 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites (to reduce fat/cholesterol)
- ¼ C canola oil
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ C water
- Pan Coating:
- ⅓ C sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ C butter, softened
- ¼ C light egg nog, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously coat bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; mix.
- Evenly coat pan with mixture; reserving excess.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, dry pudding mix, nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Add egg nog, sour cream, eggs, canola oil, water; mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Tap on counter to even out batter without disturbing coating.
- Add additional cinnamon/sugar mixture onto the batter.
- Bake 35-40 or until toothpick inserted near center removes clean.
- Rest cake on rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out cake onto cooling rack and let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, vanilla, and eggnog. Add nutmeg, salt, and powdered sugar 1 C at a time.
- Mix until smooth and a pour able consistency; adjust as necessary with more egg nog or powdered sugar to gain a nice consistency.
- Place Cake on serving platter, spoon frosting around the top of cake and allow to drizzle down the sides.
- Serve and Enjoy!
* this recipe was adapted from www.lemonpoppyseed.com
Jen from Bakerette and I got together last week to do some baking and blog talkin AND photography chatting too. It was fun to spend some time with her- she’s so awesome!
We both absolutely LOVED this Egg Nog Bundt Cake with Egg Nog Frosting!
It’s beautiful and delicious plus we lightened it up a bit BUT, you’d never know by eating it 🙂
I hope your week is going well and that you have a really great day! Thanks so much for keeping up with all my cooking adventures- I just love y’all.