Ever since I was a kiddo I’ve adored Eggnog… yep. It’s true! It has always been one of the highlights of the Holidays for me 🙂
SO, naturally, Egg Nog Bundt Cake with Egg Nog Frosting can’t be anything but fabulous!
Jen from Bakerette and I got together last week to do some baking and blog talkin’ AND photography chatting too. It was fun to spend some time with her- she’s so awesome!
After this recipe went live I realized that eggnog is one word. . . and once a post has gone live, it’s a not a good idea to change the title so here it’s been all this time with a huge typo! Silly, I know but you’ll love this Eggnog Bundt Cake with Eggnog Frosting spelled either way 🙂
Check out these awesome tips from a reader for an alternate way to make the frosting:
I use 1/2 C. of powdered sugar, 1 T. of butter almost melted, 1/8 C of eggnog,1/2 tsp. vanilla, and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg. I whisk everything together and drizzle it on the top and let it drip down where it may. I put the cake in the refrigerator until the frosting is chilled and then slice the cake.
- 1 (15oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 (3oz) dry white chocolate instant pudding mix (or vanilla)
- ½ cup light egg nog
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 4 eggs or I use 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites (to reduce fat/cholesterol)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup water
- Pan Coating:
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup light egg nog, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously coat bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; mix.
- Evenly coat pan with mixture; reserving excess.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, dry pudding mix, nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Add egg nog, sour cream, eggs, canola oil, water; mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Lightly tap on counter to even out batter without disturbing coating.
- Sprinke reserved cinnamon/sugar mixture onto the top of the batter.
- Bake 35-40 or until toothpick inserted near center removes clean.
- Rest cake on rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out cake onto cooling rack and let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter.
- Add vanilla, nutmeg, salt, adding powdered sugar 1 cup at a time alternating with 1 tablespoon eggnog.
- Mix until smooth but a pourable consistency; adjust as necessary with more egg nog or powdered sugar to gain a pourable consistency.
- Place Cake on serving platter, spoon frosting around the top of cake and allow to drizzle down the sides.
- Serve and Enjoy!
* this recipe was adapted from www.lemonpoppyseed.com
We both absolutely LOVED this Egg Nog Bundt Cake with Egg Nog Frosting!
It’s beautiful and delicious plus we lightened it up a bit BUT, you’d never know by eating it 🙂
I hope your week is going well and that you have a really great day! Thanks so much for keeping up with all my cooking adventures- I just love y’all.