Ever since I was a kiddo I’ve adored Egg Nog… yep. It’s true! It has always been one of the highlights of the Holidays for me
SO, naturally, Egg Nog Bundt Cake with Egg Nog Frosting can’t be anything but fabulous!
- 1 (15oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 (3oz) white chocolate pudding mix
- ½ C light egg nog
- ½ C light sour cream
- 4 eggs or I use 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites (to reduce fat/cholesterol)
- ¼ C canola oil
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ C water
- Pan Coating:
- ⅓ C sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ C butter, softened
- ¼ C light egg nog, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously coat bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; mix.
- Evenly coat pan with mixture; reserving excess.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding, nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Add egg nog, sour cream, eggs, canola oil, water; mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Tap on counter to even out batter without disturbing coating.
- Add additional cinnamon/sugar mixture onto the batter.
- Bake 35-40 or until toothpick inserted near center removes clean.
- Rest cake on rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out cake onto cooling rack and let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, vanilla, and eggnog. Add nutmeg, salt, and powdered sugar 1 C at a time.
- Mix until smooth and a pour able consistency; adjust as necessary with more egg nog or powdered sugar to gain a nice consistency.
- Place Cake on serving platter, spoon frosting around the top of cake and allow to drizzle down the sides.
- Serve and Enjoy!
* this recipe was adapted from www.lemonpoppyseed.com
Jen from Bakerette and I got together last week to do some baking and blog talkin AND photography chatting too. It was fun to spend some time with her- she’s so awesome!
We both absolutely LOVED this Egg Nog Bundt Cake with Egg Nog Frosting!
It’s beautiful and delicious plus we lightened it up a bit BUT, you’d never know by eating it
I hope your week is going well and that you have a really great day! Thanks so much for keeping up with all my cooking adventures- I just love y’all.