I’m so excited to have Dru from Polka Dot Poplars here with us today!
Her Easy Bunny Pattern is so adorable!! You’re going to love it…
There’s just a week until the first day of Spring can you believe it? Here where I live it’s felt like Spring most of the winter. We’ve been spoiled. I love this time of year. Easter is just around the corner, too, so I thought I’d post a little bunny project. Wouldn’t they be cute tucked into an Easter basket or set amongst your Spring displays?
Here’s what you do.
- Download and print out this bunny pattern. Cut out the pattern.
- Find some cute spring cotton fabric. This is perfect for scraps of fabric you may already have.
- Pin the pattern onto your fabric and cut two pieces. The pattern includes a 1/4″ seem allowance.
- Sew around the bunny using a 1/4″ seem allowance. Leave the bottom open for stuffing.
- Optional: Using pinking shears trim the edges. This keeps the edges from fraying and keeps the seems from puckering.
- Stuff using Fiberfil. Using only small pieces at a time is easier to get into the tighter spaces and gives a smoother finish.
- Hand sew the bottom closed.
- Using yarn in a coordinating color make a pom pom tail. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to do that. You can also use a large pom pom found in craft or fabric stores. Hot glue the tail to the back of the bunny.
- Finish by tying a coordinating bow around the neck.
All done and so easy. Enjoy! And I hope you have an awesome Spring!
Here’s some Easter ideas I post last year on Ruthie’s blog. Easter Egg Hunt Ideas.
I love having Dru come and share her creative projects with us!