I’m so glad to have Jenny from The NY Melrose Family here with us to share this fun spring time project with us! I’ll let Jenny take it from here…
I don’t know about all of you, but I love the Spring time. I love the warmer weather and the gorgeous colors of Spring. I have an adorable seasonal snack to share whose container is even cuter. I’m sure you’ve heard of Trail Mix before, but have you heard of Bunny Tail Mix? I hadn’t and let me tell you it is addicting! Salty and sweet, all in one delightful bite size snack.
I adored the idea of making the snack, but I had to find a cute way to package it for my daughter’s daycare friends. Let’s be honest, with something called Bunny Tail Mix, it had to be extra cute. I adore using push pops as a snack option because they control the proportion size so I created Bunny Tail Mix Push Pops. I made bunny ears using white and pink foam. I hot glued the ears to tops of the push pops. The foam was the perfect material to use because it kept it’s structure once glued to the push pop.
Since the name of the mix is Bunny Tail Mix, you know I had to add a button tail to the back of the push pops. I simply hot glued a pom pom to the back of each push pop.
The finishing touch was a Bunny Tail Mix Printable, which I’m sharing with you so please feel free to print out as many as you need.
- 1 Bag of microwaveable popcorn
- 1 cup of broken pretzels
- 6 oz. Spring M & M's
- 6 oz. Mini Robin Eggs
- 6 oz. Wilton's White Chocolate Melts
- Spring colored sprinkles
- Pop the bag of popcorn according to directions.
- Combine popcorn, pretzels, M & M's and Mini Robin Eggs in a large bowl.
- Melt Wilton's White Chocolate Melts according to package directions.
- Pour the chocolate over the mixture in the bowl and mix with a spoon.
- On a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper spread out the covered mixture and sprinkle the Spring sprinkles over the top.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and harden before serving or packaging.
If you’re a fan of using push pops to package, make sure to check out my Lucky Pop Breakfast, which also comes with a free printable tag.
Another great Spring treat option is my Popcorn Peeps Ball.
A super big Thank You to Jenny for being one of our Monthly Contributors! I love her Bunny Tails Mix project!
Jump on over and check out The NY Melrose Family and all of Jenny’s fun and creative ideas or connect with her on
Have a super awesome Friday and then a nice and relaxing weekend too!
Come back to party with me at Super Saturday Show & Tell … it goes live at 5 am MST! I love seeing all the latest and greatest of what you’ve been creating.