Chamomile-Yogurt Panna Cotta
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 C 2% milk, divided
- 2 chamomile tea bags
- 1/2 vanilla beans, split and scraped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1/4 C honey, plus more for drizzling
- 2 C homemade yogurt or store-bought plain lowfat yogurt
- cinnamon for dusting
- Bring 1 C milk, tea bags, vanilla seeds, pod, and salt to simmer in a small sauce pan over high heat, stirring to prevent scalding.
- Once it reaches boiling, remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes to let steep. Place remaining milk in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over, evenly distribute honey on top of gelatin.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, vanilla bean, and stir honey mixture into milk; whisk until dissolved.
- Whisk in yogurt until fully incorporated.
- Divide among 6 ramekins; refrigerate until set, at least 5 hours.
- Drizzle with honey and a dash of cinnamon before serving.
- Can be covered and kept for up to 2 days.
Chamomile-Yogurt Panna Cotta… is a healthy version of a Panna Cotta, we substituted yogurt for the usual cream AND cut probably close to a bazillion calories! (OK.. yes, I know that’s not really a number)
I hope you enjoy this healthy and delicious dessert! Happy Wednesday and Happy Cooking 🙂