Plum Betty is a delicious dessert and a wonderful way to use up some of the plums off of your plum tree… if you have a tree that produces a ton of fruit like ours does!
- Plum Mixture:
- 6 C sliced plums
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 C whole white wheat flour
- 1/2 C whole oats
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine first 3 ingredients, stir until coated.
- Place plums into a 8x8 baking dish or divide into 8 individual ramekins (I place ramekins on cookie sheet for ease in baking).
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, stir well.
- Cut in butter until small pea size.
- Spread evenly or divide equally over plums.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
These delicious little plums are wonderful in Plum Raspberry Jam too! I love this jam… it’s so easy because it uses jello instead of pectin which means there’s one less step involved 🙂
I hope you enjoy this Plum Betty recipe and maybe give that Plum Raspberry Jam a try too if you need a way to use up any extra plums… they’re both just delicious!