Little Miss Gab’s and I have had so much fun this week baking and sharing our Kraft Foods spring dessert recipes with y’all…
Our last Kraft Foods spring dessert recipe is a little something we came up with all on our own… it’s a Miss Gab’s and Ruthie original and we’re totally loving them!
These Strawberry Shortcake Cookies are just about the best things in the whole wide world! Really.
We couldn’t stop sampling the yummy filling! It’s fabulously good. Mmmm hmm
You won’t be able to keep out of it either… PROMISE.
- 1 (16oz) ready to bake sugar cookies
- 3-4 Tbsp raw sugar, garnish
- 8 oz Philadelphia neufchâtel cream cheese
- ¼ C butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1 C light Cool Whip
- 2 C strawberries, sliced
- ½ oz Bakers semi-sweet chocolate, grated
- Bake cookies according to package directions.
- Cook until edges are slightly browned.
- Once removed from oven, sprinkle with raw sugar to garnish.
- Allow to cool on cooling racks.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and cream cheese; mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla, mix in.
- Add 2 C powdered sugar, mix until combined.
- Add light cool whip, mix in.
- Add remaining powdered sugar, 1 C at a time and mixing until smooth.
- Using a piping bag and Wilton 1A open star tip, piping filling onto the top of a cookie.
- Press 5 strawberry slices into filling, standing up and on an angle, spaced evenly around cookie. (I placed the flat side of the strawberry slices facing out)
- Place a second cookie on top of berries and filling.
- Pipe a small star of filling on top and finish with 1 slice of strawberry.
- Garnish with grated chocolate.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!
I’ve totally loved getting to bake with Little Miss Gabby and Kraft Foods this week.
I hope it’s been fun for y’all to get a bunch of new fool-proof, easy-peasy, and sure-to-please-the-whole-family dessert recipes too.
You completely fall in love with our Strawberry Shortcake Cookies … they’re the perfect dessert for any spring-time gathering you’ll be attending!
AND we hope you’ll sweeten up this spring with easy dessert recipes from Kraft.
Happy Friday and Happy Spring Baking!
xoxo~ Gabby and Ruthie
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Kraft via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kraft.