Tomato Basil Soup It’s absolutely wonderful and goes perfectly with the Avocado Havarti Grilled Cheese sandwich that I posted last week too 🙂
Tomato Basil Soup is delicious and skinnier version of the traditional Tomato Basil Soup recipe, I’m sure you’ll agree it’s amazing.
- 2 stalks celery, rough chopped
- 1 small onion, rough chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, and Oregano
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth or 2 cups water and 2 chicken bouillon's
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 (8oz) low-fat neufatchel cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar or agave
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor add celery, onion, and garlic; pulse until small pieces or pureed.
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Pour into pot and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until fragrant. (don't wash container)
- Add tomatoes, broth, basil to pot; bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover pot and reduce to medium low; simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Carefully pour 1 cup of hot soup into blender or food processor, add cubed cream cheese, blend on high until smooth.
- Stir cream cheese mixture into soup, add sugar or agave, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- * If you prefer a completely smooth soup then process soup through blender or food processor in batches.
AND seriously what goes better with Tomato Basil Soup than grilled cheese? Nothing.
So, here is a super delicious Avocado Havarti Grilled Cheese to go deliciously along with it…
Happy Tuesday and Happy Cooking!