I’m excited to have Jen from Bakerette here to share her Nutty Oven-Fried Chicken!
It looks amazing so I won’t keep y’all waiting any longer 🙂
Hello Ruthie and WCWR readers. It’s me, Jen, from Bakerette and I’m glad to be back.
Did you know that Nutty Oven-Fried Chicken lasts about 1 minute?
It’s so weird how that works.
One moment it’s on the table, the next moment it disappears…I think that’s a sign it is loved! Do you know when I know Mr. Chef likes something? Well, it disappears, of course, but he also inundates me with all sorts of questions. His curiosity is highly peaked like a cat up on a flag pole. I’m peppered with “what did you put in it?” “Did you use this seasoning?” “What other things did you do to it?” “I can taste this, did you put that in it?” “How long did you cook it for?” His mind is like a hamster running on a wheel.
Inquiring minds want to know.
Well, if you’re like Mr. Chef, then I’ll settle your inquiring minds with the fact that this amazing oven-fried chicken is made with pecans. Finely crushed pecans. It gives this dish a unique, nutty flavor and the chicken comes out moist, tasty, and crispy! Delish!
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix, Try this recipe for copycat Bisquick Mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahreheit. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl stir together biscuit baking mix, pecans, paprika, salt, poultry seasoning, and sage.
- Immerse chicken pieces in milk, transfer to pecan mixture and generously coat pieces. Place in prepared baking dish.
- Drizzle with melted butter and bake uncovered for 1 hour or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.
Thank you, Ruthie, for another great day with your fans at WCWR!
If you enjoy this chicken dish, you might also like these other dishes found exclusively at Bakerette!
Just click on the pic for the recipe:
See you next month!
Ruthie & Jen