We are in the kitchen with Amanda from High Heels to Hot Wheels today and she has made us a fabulous looking sandwich…
PLT with Creamy Gorgonzola- sounds amazing, doesn’t it 🙂
(prosciutto, lettuce, and tomato)
I’ll let Amanda take it from here…
Thanks for having me back and HAPPY SUMMER!!!! While my container gardens continue to grow, I have been making weekly trips to the Nashville Farmer’s Market for some of the freshest local produce. I recently picked up some crisp Romaine lettuce and ripe tomatoes and then headed over to Whole Foods for a few more ingredients to create a tasty spin on the summer favorite BLT sandwich.
Who doesn’t love bacon, but I have been kind of hooked on prosciutto lately and not being a big fan of mayonnaise, creamy Gorgonzola helped switch it up just a bit.
- 8 slices honey wheat bread
- 16 slices prosciutto, about 8 ounces
- 2-3 ounces dreamy Gorgonzola cheese
- 1-2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out prosciutto slices on paper. Bake until the fatty part is golden and the meat is darker.
- This will take about 13-15 minutes depending on oven.
- Rotate baking sheet halfway through cooking.
- Transfer prosciutto to a paper towel.
- As they sit they will crisp even more.
- Lightly butter bread and toast or grill for a crunchier bread.
- Spread creamy Gorgonzola on one side of the bread.
- Add crispy prosciutto, tomato and lettuce.
Thanks for having me back again this month and I look forward to sharing more fresh summer fare with you next month. If this PLT sandwich gave you a hankering for prosciutto, you might like a few more prosciutto-inspired recipes. Happy cooking, y’all!
Amanda always has such fabulous recipes to share with us and I just love having her come to visit every month
Thanks so much Amanda for sharing the PLT with Creamy Gorgonzola sandwich today 🙂
Have a really awesome Wednesday…
Amanda and Ruthie