Spring is that crazy time of year when the weather can flip from a warm sunny days a to cold and wintery one without a moments notice! At least in my neck of the woods 🙂
Soooo, there’s no better way than a little Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup (copycat) to help stay warm and cozy even on those chilly days!
Most of y’all know that I try to make the majority of my recipes as healthy as possible so I skinny them down without losing any of the flavor… now that’s a win-win in my book 🙂
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¾ C onion, diced
- ½ C carrots, diced
- ½ C celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ C flour
- 4 C chicken broth
- 1½ C fat-free half and half
- 2 C cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 (16oz) package potato gnocchi
- 3 C fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chiffonade into thin ribbons
- Fresh grated parmesan for serving
- In a large stock pot heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper and cook until tender firm, stirring. (approx 10 minutes)
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables, cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth 1 C at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add the half and half, chicken, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- In an additional sauce pan cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Add gnocchi to soup with spinach, stir in.
- Cook spinach until slightly wilted, add basil, stir.
- Serve garnished with shredded parmesan.
Are you fmailiar with how to Chiffonade? If not… then take a minute to watch this video from my Kitchen Tip Series
I hope you enjoy this Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup (copycat) as much as we do- it’s delicious.
Happy St. Patricks Day today! I hope you enjoy this round up of yummy of recipes…
Happy Monday and Happy Cooking!