Miss Rachel from I Heart Crafty Things is here with us today!
I can’t wait for you to see her adorable Balloon Printed Lady Bugs… they’re just adorable!
You’ll have so much making this spring project with the little hands in your life 🙂
My daughter and I went on a walk this week and saw a ladybug. She held it in her hand and said “He’s soooo cute Mommy!” With such a fun sign that spring is on it’s way, we decided to make a ladybug craft to share with you today. We made it extra fun for kids by using balloon prints to make our ladybugs.
Supplies you will need:
- light blue cardstock paper (we used 12″ x 12″ size, but any size will do)
- balloon (we used a water balloon)
- red and black paint
- black cardstock paper
- small googly eyes
- black marker
- paper plate
1. Start by blowing up your balloon and tying a knot in it to secure it closed.
2. Pour some red paint onto a paper plate. Dip your balloon into the paint a few times to cover the bottom of the balloon completely and then stamp it onto your blue paper. Dip it in your red paint again and then stamp another red circle on your paper. Make as many balloon prints on your paper as you desire. Let the paint dry completely.
3. Cut ladybug heads out of your black cardstock paper and glue them at the top of your ladybugs.
4. Use your black marker to draw a line down the middle of your ladybug body. Also, glue two googly eyes onto each ladybug.
5. Pour some black paint onto your paper plate and finish your ladybug by making black fingerprint spots on your ladybugs.
They turned out so colorful and cute just like the ladybug we saw earlier this week.
You might also enjoy these crafts on I Heart Crafty Things:
Follow I Heart Crafty Things on Facebook, Pinterest,
Google+, Twitter, and Instagram for more crafty fun!