I hope you’re having a totally fabulous Tuesday morning. I’m excited to share one of my favorite “health-ish” autumn desserts with y’all today!
Do you have grape vines that grow in your backyard? Me either. However, one of my very nice friends does and they were so very kind to share with me. Any kind of grape can work with this recipe as long as it’s sweet in flavor and seedless.
Grape Mascarpone Rustic Tart is a beautiful and oh-so-simple fresh fruit tart!
- 2-3 C sweet green grapes, or a combination of sweet grapes
- 4 oz mascarpone cream cheese, stirred smooth
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet
- 1 sheet parchment paper
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place parment paper on half sheet baking pan.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in small bowl, mix.
- Unfold puff pastry in center of pan, spread mascarpone in center of dough, leaving a 1 inch egde plain.
- Evenly sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture over mascarpone.
- Evenly distribute grapes over cheese allow to pile up in the center.
- Crimp and fold the plain edges, pressing together as you work, to make the edge of tart.
- Beat egg white and 1 Tbsp water in small bowl.
- Brush egg white wash onto edges of crust.
- Bake 40-50 mintues or until nicely carmelized and browned.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and set for 10 mintues before serving warm.
- Also delicious served cold.
You can use any combination of grapes that are on sale or growing on the vines in the backyard…. seedless is preferred! Just easier on the teeth 🙂
Have a wonderful Tuesday!