Grilled Pear Cucumber Flatbread is a delicious, fresh, bold combination of flavors! I fell completely in love with it… Oh my goodness!
Grilled Pear Cucumber Flatbread is the perfect appetizer or it can even pass for a meal all on it’s own. It was a wonderful lunch for me. The only part that’s grilled is the whole grain flat bread- if you didn’t want to warm up the grill then it easily be toasted off under the broiler in the oven too. Either way that added bit of crunchy texture just makes the whole recipe.
Once your flat bread is hot and ready to go, it’s simple to add the toppings. Make sure to have the toppings right ready to go- just use a kitchen peeler to shave off long flat pieces of cucumber. You’ll want to buy a smaller, thin cucumber so the seeds are small and it can be evenly shaved. YUM! To toast off the pine nuts just toss a handful into a small non stick fry pan and over medium high heat stir and cook them for 2-3 minutes BUT, don’t leave them! They’ll quickly turn from toasted to burned in a split second…. not that I’ve done that or anything 🙂
- 4 pieces whole grain flatbread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups shaved cucumber, approx 2 cucumbers
- 2 ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup toasted pinenuts
- 1/2 cup chevre cheese, soft goat cheese
- sea salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil for serving
- Preheat grill on medium high.
- (or flatbreads can be toasted under the oven broiler, if preferred)
- Brush 2 tablespoons olive oil on tops of the 4 pieces of flatbread.
- Place oil side down on grill and cook 2-3 minutes or until grill marked and warmed.
- Remove flatbreads and add toppings:
- Layer cucumber slices, add pear slices, dabs of chevre cheese, sprinkle with toasted pinenuts.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Grilled Pear Cucumber Flatbread is topped off with those white blobs of creamy, mouth-watering, Chevre Cheese! Oh my gosh. I LOVE this stuff… it’s a soft cheese made out of goats milk. It’s more mild than feta cheese and creamy-soft, it originates from France and you’ll find it in the specialty cheese section of most all grocery stores.
It’s time to pull out the grills and get bring the cooking and the parties outdoors! Grilled Pear Cucumber Flatbread is the perfect way to entertain your family and friends.
Much Love and Peace~