I’m so happy to have Dru from Polkadot Poplars is here with us today~ she’s sharing some fun photo’s from her new home!
Plus adorable Detail Lighting Ideas tips and tricks…
Hello Friends! I just moved into a new home and am working on getting it put together and decorated. While I’m putting furniture and accessories into place I always try to keep lighting in mind. Even in a well lit room with good windows there can be corners and areas that always seem dark or could use a little lamp light to add some warmth. Here are a few examples of where I put mine.
This last little lamp I recently embellished the shade and wanted to share how I did it.
Here’s what I did:
Book Page Lamp Shade Makeover
Lamp Shade Makeover Supplies
- Lamp Shade
- Vintage Book Paper
- Matte Mod Podge
- Sponge Brush
- Alphabet and Misc. Stamps
- Ink Pads
Lamp Shade Makeover Instructions
- Depending on the size of your lamp shade cut even strips of the book paper. My lamp shade is small so I cut 1″ strips.
- To add some interest I stamped some large inspirational words on the strips. I also stamped some fun images. I used red and black inks.
- Brush a section of the lamp shade with Mod Podge and start placing the paper strips where you would like them. Continue around the rest of the shade smoothing the strips as you go.
- Cover all the strips with a coat of Mod Podge. Let dry. Repeat.
That’s it. So easy, but adds so much character.
Here’s some other lighting ideas you can find on our blog.