Hi Everyone! I hope you all are receiving the love you deserve this Valentine’s Weekend.
Do you ever lose things in the bottom of your purse? I do. It’s usually my keys or my cell phone. Today I want to share an easy purse organizer that I just love. Also, if you change purses on a regular basis then this is especially for you because this organizer is portable and can easily be moved from purse to purse.
DIY Placemat Purse Organizer
You may have seen similar types of organizers that you can buy, but they can be so expensive. With this one all you need is:
- a placemat
- matching thread
- straight pins
- a sewing machine
- a button,
- a small piece of ribbon.
I found this placemat in the clearance section at Target. I use placemats in so many different ways so when I find cute ones on clearance I take advantage of it.
- First, figure out which side you want to be on the inside.
- Fold the placemat in half lengthwise to find the middle. Iron.
- Open and fold each side towards the middle matching the edges to the center line. Pin in place and iron.
- Make a loop of ribbon or elastic and pin in place between the flaps on one side.
- Sew the edges together on both sides using a half inch seem allowance being sure to catch the loop when sewing that section (I like to sew back over the section with the loop to make sure it doesn’t come lose.
- Measure where you would like your pockets. Use a ruler and draw lines with a pencil. The first three sections on this organizer is four inches. The last few pockets I made smaller (2.5 inches) to hold pens, lipstick and smaller items.
- Sew through all layers following your penciled lines and sew a button on the opposite side of your loop.
- Fold in half lengthwise and button the ends together.
Wouldn’t these make great gifts?
I hope you love these as much as I do.
xoxo~ Dru and Ruthie